Red Gate is launching new tool “Source Control for Oracle tool” on March 12, 2013.
How this tool can help you:
- Manual processes to script out database objects and check in them into SVN or TFS, can be time consuming and error prone. Source Control for Oracle automates scripting of objects and check-in to SVN or TFS.
- Developers and DBAs can see a history of objects that have been checked in to source control, when and by who. They’ll be able to see the check-in message and a side-by-side diff view of the creation script before and after check in, object by object.
- Pending check-ins are indicated on the taskbar icon and within the tool to prompt developers to keep source control up-to-date.
- If developers are working on private schemas or a dedicated instance they can see other team members’ changes to objects and apply these from source control to their schemas before working on them.
- If developers are working on a shared database they can see all the objects that haven’t yet been checked in to source control. And a history of the objects that already have been, when, and buy who.
- The side-by-side diff view (before checking in changes, updated a local instance, or when looking at the audit trail under History) means errors are easy to spot.
You can download the Beta version here:www.red-gate.com/source-control-for-oracle.
Win a free 5 user licence of Source Control for Oracle
For a chance to win 1 of 2 free 5 user licences of Source Control for Oracle, please visit my Oracle DBA and RAC DBA expert blog.