Thank you for visiting this page, and we’re sorry that you have arrived here after this offer has finished. We may run a similar campaign again, so be sure to sign up below to the All Things Oracle newsletter so we can let you know if we do. Even if we don’t offer this particular book again you can be certain to receive news on other eBooks we’re giving out and our educational resources.
Expert Oracle Database Architecture (Apress Media) provides a one-stop resource containing deep wisdom on the design, development and administration of Oracle applications, written by one of the world’s foremost Oracle experts, Thomas Kyte. This fully revised second edition covers the developments up to Oracle Database 11g. Each feature is taught in a proof-by-example manner, not only discussing what it is, but also how it works, how to implement software using it, and the common pitfalls associated with it.
- Fully revised to cover Oracle Database 11g
- Proof-by-example approach: Let the evidence be your guide
- Dives deeply into Oracle Databases’s most powerful features
- FREE eBook version (usual selling price = $41.99)
- Zip file includes .pdf, .mobi and .epub versions
What you’ll learn
- Develop an evidence-based approach to problem solving
- Manage transactions in highly concurrent environments
- Speed access to data through table and index design
- Manage files and memory structures for performance and reliability
- Scale up through partitioning and parallel processing
- Load and unload data to interface with external systems
- Think for yourself; don’t take Tom’s word for it!
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at Oracle Database administrators, at PL/SQL and Java developers writing code to be deployed inside the database, and at developers of external applications who use Oracle Database as a data store. It is the go-to book for those wishing to create efficient and scalable applications.
The book can be bought in print and e-formats from Apress Media.